star pixels photo: Shooting Star tht00160012_0016001210337652897.gif bunny pixel photo: Kawaii Fairy Bunny Pixel 1028735ej1m4q7j0s.gif bunny pixel photo:  1719409zkk12ghcv4.gif deer pixel photo:  thmyAvatar_17002534_1.gif flower pixel photo: tiny flower pixel tumblr_m53c4rys1q1qid2nw.gif

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Silk Art

Feeding on the Entrails of my Strung Out Mind
No, this is neither high speed photography nor ethereal jellyfish. This is a hand sewn sculpture of pigmented silk and threads done by Lisa Kellner. The gossamer fabric almost looks like ink diffusing in water, a gorgeous image to be captured by just silk and paint. Upon closer inspection, it also resembles organs or perhaps bulbous growths in the body. I feel almost melancholy looking at her work.

I am now resolved to take up art again as I have forgotten how much interest I have in it.

Please enjoy a few more pictures of Kellner's silk sculptures:




No comments:

Post a Comment

About

a sad princess, likes the ocean, dislikes people, likes art, scared of the dark, dislikes school, likes slugs, caterpillars, moths, and blood, likes to eat sweet things

My Blog List

Followers